Saturday, October 15, 2011

The first load

I am a stay at home mom to four year-old Grace. I love what I do. And some days I hate what I do. Some days after a particularly wicked fit I want to wave the white flag and console myself with a whole box of Oreos. Some days I want to dive under the bed and hide from my own child.

Other days I relish in every smile, hug, and giggle. I lose at Candy Land (EVERY time I tell ya), play pretend, hide and seek (you get the idea) and love every minute of our time together. 

But I am always struggling with all things domestic. June Cleaver would be ashamed of me. I lose track of the time and dinner isn't served until after 7:00. I make terrible grocery lists and then forget them at home. I can't keep a flower alive, and I rarely remember to Windex. And I am always behind on the laundry. Always. 

But I have a fun little kid and a sweet husband who don't seem to mind a bit. The laundry can wait. 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! I bet you'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete